The Foundation component enables you to understand the basics behind the PRINCE2 method and covers:
- The process based approach
- Product based planning and levels of plans
- Project controls & tolerance
- Tailoring PRINCE2 to the project environment
- Project governance
- Roles & responsibilities
- Management of risk
- Quality management
At completion, candidates should understand:
- Key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
- How the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
- The PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
The Practitioner component teaches you to build on your investment in the PRINCE2 method and to tailor PRINCE2 in an agile context. It will help you to consistently be on time and hit deadlines by increasing collaborative working between teams who deliver projects iteratively and incrementally. It will help teach you a broad range of agile concepts and techniques including: Scrum, Kanban, Lean Startup and Cynefin.
The PRINCE2 Foundation examination is administered on the third day of the course and the Agile Practitioner examination is administered on the last day of the course. Both are included in the course fees.